Sono Motors is a young, vibrant and energetic electric car company currently looking for an Automotive Surface Designer (f/m/x). Based in Munich, Germany, the company prides itself on its work culture and fresh approach. Team members have more responsibility for the whole picture and are able to have a great impact. This dynamic start-up requires all members to contribute and take initiative to have a hand at developing the processes and the infrastructure of the organization.
- You will be part of our innovative Design team, actively and responsibly shaping a future where every car is electric and shared
- Independent development of attractive and innovative exterior and interior design drafts, taking into account functionality and series implementation
- Supervision of Alias / ICEM concept phase and series production with drawings / renderings and self-generated 3D data
- Responsibility for ensuring the necessary workflows in the design process in 2D and 3D as well as creation of sketches and renderings
- Independent creation of benchmarks and comparison of competitors
- Interdisciplinary support and management of projects (engineering / marketing / branding etc.)
- Coordination with engineers and relevant interfaces as well as ability to work efficiently and creatively on multiple programs and projects at once
- Successfully completed degree in automotive, transportation or product design or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position with comparable tasks in the automotive environment
- Very good knowledge in CAS and Poly (ALIAS, Blender, Maya, etc.) to create own CAS data
- Independent and structured way of working and willingness to take responsibility and lead projects
- High team and communication skills as well as open and curious personality
- Fluent in English and German and very good knowledge of the relevant Microsoft tools
- Sustainability is close to your heart, you like to swim in the open ocean and stand by your successes and mistakes
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via the link below or visit the company website. Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as part of their application. Applications and CVs are only accepted via the job link.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A visionary team in a rapidly growing, young company
- No deadlocked processes and hierarchies, but a lot of courage and free space to shape things at a mobility provider for an oil-free future
- Our proSono platform offers you the chance to pitch and realize your own projects – your ideas are welcomed, not feared
- A culture of appreciation, in which we celebrate successes as well as mistakes
- Flexible working hours as well as an open, modern office with little paper but Trello & Slack instead
- Organic bread flatrate, free drinks, vegan catering service, etc.